On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 at 06:49, Dennis Carr <dennistheti...@chez-vrolet.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 06:10:28 +0000
> Dominic Raferd <domi...@timedicer.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > - you say you want to ban based on the 'From:' address which if true
> > would require you to use header_checks (
> > http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html) not sender_access
>
> That'd work better, then.
>
> > I think you actually want to reject based on the envelope sender (not
> > From header), in which case you want main.cf unchanged and
> > sender_access like: qq.com REJECT
>
> Here's the thing, it's a spam campaign where emails from qq.com are
> coming from what appears to be a few different IP blocks on two
> different providers and cycling through the IPs as to dodge
> blacklisting, as well as randomizing their FQDNs - so in this case, I
> don't think scanning the envelope is going to work unless there's
> something I'm missing.  I've tried contacting the providers' upstream,
> but the upstream doesn't seem to listen either - at least, not if I
> send a third party report from Spamcop.
>
> The ONLY other common thing is that everything is 'From: *@qq.com' in
> the headers. I could probably figure out the IP ranges, but that
> opens the possibility of changing the IP ranges if the providers are
> so flexible - and I'd be patient with the BLs, but this is affecting
> users.

The reason I think you actually want to reject based on the envelope sender
is because I too see lots of attempted spam from @qq.com envelope sender
addresses. On our servers these are blocked by fqrdns (
https://github.com/stevejenkins/hardwarefreak.com-fqrdns.pcre). I can't
tell what the 'From' header is because they are all blocked before data is
sent. Blocking by sender (or using fqrdns) is much cheaper than blocking by
header.