Greetings, Stefan Bauer!

 >>> we're running a small relay-service and looking for best practice to
 >>> deliver mails to remote sites regarding concurrent delivery and so on.
>>

 >>> Sometimes, we have customers that are sending several mails per second to
 >>> same recipients.
>>

 >>> What is best practice to handle this?
>>

 >>> We would like to avoid getting blacklisted or throttled by remote sites due
 >>> to sending too many mails or in an non compliant way. How should this be
 >>> handled/configured in postfix?
>>

>>  This has nothing to do with postfix itself.
>>  Social issues can't be solved by technical means.
>>
 >>> so far all settings are default in postfix.
>>

 >>> thank you.
>>

> Its no user issue. Its a real and legal use case that customers send
> several mails / second to same recipient over a long period (software tests
> whatever).

Did I say anything about reality or legality?
The decision of remote host to block you is 100% social, not technical or
legal.
How do they judge you is entirely up to them, as long as you conform to
standards, you can't do anything short of communicating with the owners and
solving any arising issues as they happen.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...