On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 10:47:18AM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > The default code of 5.7.1 is the one I want as well. Log and the bounced
> > mail to gmail confirms that was the one that was used.
> >
> > But an additional remark gmail makes is "the remote server is
> > misconfigured".
> >
> > Why would it call it misconfigured despite getting a legitimate code?
>
> Because this is the Postfix mailing list, not gmail support.

Sorry. Read "other server" instead of gmail.

The reason to ask this question on postfix list is to figure out whether
my configuration* is flawed as some other servers report.

[* as discussed on this thread before where sending email to protected ids
is restricted to a list of senders. Others get a reject 554 5.7.1.]

I agree I am not too knowledgable about mail servers and sorry if my very
basic questions annoy you. But I am just trying to build the skill and
in my experience of the world mailing lists are a great place to ask such
queries. Usually.

Mayuresh