thank you. seems to be that

if address_verify_negative_refresh_time = 30m, the next attempt to reach a
specific recipient that is negative in cache, will still get the "old"
answer from cache if it is not expired by
address_verify_negative_expire_time. that is default 3d.
so in my case, postfix was doing a new verify, but reported the old results
from cache.

I was expecting that postfix would always do a new probe and not just
handing out old results even though it lears right after this, new results.