In message <44c5tp4v0yzj...@spike.porcupine.org>, you wrote:

>Postfix is in a different league than software that just runs the
>system into the ground under load, and that requires a babysitter
>to become unstuck.

Thanks for the clarification and the clarity.

You wouldn't happen to have the names of any products that fall
into that other category that you just described would you?

(It really irks me the way that some people demand lots and lots of
IPv4 addresses, which are in short supply, in order to accomplish
things that could be done with lots lots less of that particular
finite and limited resource.  But convincing some of these folks
of the error of their ways isn't easy, and I could use all of the
additional ammunition that I can lay hands on.)