On Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 03:51:35PM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
> smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
>     -o { smtp_generic_maps = inline:{{idal...@idallen.ca = you@college}}}
> This updates envelope addresses and header addresses.

Well, the above correctly updates *most* header addresses, but is a bit
too aggressive about the ones it does update.

I have my mutt client insert an "x-sender: Ian <idal...@idallen.ca>"
and the above inline mapping does *not* change that header line address.
So it doesn't update *all* header addresses and this is good for me.

I also have my mutt client insert a "Reply-to: idal...@idallen.ca" header,
and the above inline mapping *does* change that to be my College address.
I didn't want the Reply-To changed, so I tried this:

I changed to using "Reply-to: Ian <idallen+...@idallen.ca>" and the
inline mapping *still* replaced it with my College address, even though
"idal...@idallen.ca" doesn't match "idallen+...@idallen.ca".

I changed to using "Reply-to: Ian <idallen...@idallen.ca>" and the inline
mapping did leave it alone, so I know it's not just replacing everything.
The inline mapping is ignoring the "+stuff" part of my email addresses.

How do I sneak through a Reply-To that goes to idal...@idallen.ca ?