I've enabled the post-220 postscreen tests now on my server, and this is
making a significant difference -- most spam from random garbage domains
is never returning anymore after the initial soft rejection.

However, a handful of spam messages are still getting through.  It seems
some spam-sending engines are getting smarter and are retrying almost
immediately after an initial rejection -- before Spamhaus has had a
chance to list them -- and since they already got rejected once by
postscreen, they are being allowed in on the second try.

Is there -- or should there be -- a configuration parameter to tell the
postscreen server to reject new(ish) clients for a specified minimum
period of time before stepping out of the way and allowing them to pass?
 At the moment, it seems to me that requiring a minimum of 5 minutes
after the first soft rejection should be more than sufficient.

Rich Wales
ri...@richw.org