Dnia 23.11.2019 o godz. 17:19:53 Wesley Peng pisze:
> Google groups replace the from: with their group address.

I have never seen it and I'm subscribed to many Google-based mailing lists.
They replace the envelope from address (like almost every mailing list
server does), but keep the original From: header.

Replacing the From: header would be a very bad idea, as - at it was already
written - this header indicates the author of the message, and the author is
a particular sender writing to the list, and not the list itself.

Would you really like to see in your mail client a whole thread of messages
from a mailing list, every each of them having "From:" address as the list's
address? What would you do if you need to quickly find a message written by
a particular person (for example, you) in this conversation?
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa