Hi Mr. Ralf,

>From what I know about savd -
- It was designed to be run by root only.
- The daemon was supposed to handle the on-access scanning and the
framework that will handle other tasks.
- Some tasks include -  configuration, thread control, runtime debugging,
logging, etc --> which I believe will need root privileges.

 BTW, I have not tried doing customization with any Sophos required user
privileges (always willing to find out if others may have found a way or if
there the understanding needs updating.:)

Regards,
Julius