As someone already mentioned, that's what the Postfix limits are for, namely

smtpd_recipient_limit
smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit
smtpd_client_message_rate_limit

smtpd_soft_error_limit
smtpd_hard_error_limit

Even if it is a "spammer sending slowly", there will be still characteristics that will make it possible to identify the incident automatically - suddenly unusual number of unique recipients, unusual number of errors, etc. The automatic solution allows you to cull the spam wave as it happen, potentially limiting the impact. If you reactively, manually start to look for a problem because your queue suddenly starts filling up because you have been blacklisted downstream for forwarding spam, the damage was already done and you will have to suffer the consequences for some time (legitimate mail of your users will be rejected).

And if a queue is filled with spam from a hacked account, then it's IMO proper to delete all the queued mail from that account via postsuper -d - the user compromised his/her auth information somehow, so he/she cannot expect any of his/her mail to be delivered, and millions of bounces won't help anything anyway.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Ryšlink