On 15/02/20 10:31 am, Ian Evans wrote:
Hi,

Just looking for a pointer to a recommended tutorial on setting up Postfix as a send only service to be able to send alert emails from a home server like smartmontools drive warnings etc.

If this makes it easier, I do have a fully functional Postfix mail server on my website server. Is there a way for the home server to send its alert emails via the business server? Or should the home send-only Postfix send through Gmail somehow?

You're basically asking postfix to fill the roll of a null mailer. Postfix can do this but there are other tools that are simpler to configure and better suited to that roll. I recommend msmtp:

https://marlam.de/msmtp/

Peter