Hello,

I have a question about how Postfix generate warning messages about non-existent domains, non-existent MX domain names or for timeout connecting to a destination mail server. In fact, my real problem is that postfix does not warn me about nothing when I incorrectly write the domain name for an email address AND by chance that domain exists but does not have configured MX record on its DNS.

For example for a non-existent domain I receive almost instantly the message /"t...@asdasdasd.ro <mailto:t...@asdasdasd.ro>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=asdasdasd.ro type=A: Host not found"/ For an existing domain but without MX, I receive the error /"Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=onedomain.com type=MX: Host not found, try again)"/, but AFTER /maximal_queue_lifetime/, which is very annoying. In this case the sender finds out only after 5 days about the real problem.

Is there any way to modify postfix configuration to inform the sender about such a problem instantly and to retry to send message until /maximal_queue_lifetime/ expires?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Catalin