On 10/03/2020 19:33, Jaroslaw Rafa wrote:
If you get reply 2(SERVFAIL) it means DNS server for the domain failed and
did not return any usable reply, so we actually don't know if the domain
exists or not. In that case Postfix SHOULD keep trying to deliver mail
(maybe the DNS server for the domain will resume working?) until max queue
time is exceeded.

You're right, but it should be nice if sender would receive an warning about that, as soon as possible. And that happened ONLY after I modified /delay_warning_time/ parameter to a couple of minutes.

A reply actually confirming that the domain does not exist would be
3(NXDOMAIN). In that case Postfix should return mail immediately.

Catalin Bucur