Gregory Heytings wrote:

> Stefan Claas:
> >
> > postfix should modify outgoing email headers that *only* go to mail2news
> > gateways, using the email gateway addresses for parsing, so that the
> > right part of the message ID, after the @ charachter, will be modified
> > with a defined string.
> >

> Do you mean "should modify outgoing email headers that only go to
> mail2news gateways" or "should only modify outgoing email headers that go
> to mail2news gateways"?  What should happen if an email is sent both to
> one or more regular email addresses and to a mail2news gateway?

I am no native English speaker, but would say the latter.

About your second question, I have not thought about that, I must admit.

To keeps things as simple as possible I would like to concentrate first
only for the case that the messages go only to mail2news gateways, which
I could explain then to users, of my service.

> What you want to do seems to be a job for a milter:  Depending on the
> "RCPT TO" line (or on the "To:" header), modify the "Message-ID:" header.
> Such a conditional header modification cannot be done from inside Postfix.
> The only available mechanism to modify email headers is
> smtp_header_checks, but it works line by line: "Each message header or
> message body line is compared against a list of patterns.  When a match is
> found the corresponding action is executed, and the matching process is
> repeated for the next message header or message body line."

Ah, ok. Thanks a lot for the information!

Because I am no expert with postfix, can you recommend easy to understand
milter example links, I can learn from?

Regards
Stefan

--