Hi list

we have the very rare problem that cleanup "triggers" segfaults in
libpcre. We're currently running postfix 3.5.1 but had the issue before
updating (with postfix 3.4.4) as well. OS is a Centos7 with latest updates.

> May 12 14:36:14 XXX kernel: cleanup[23927]: segfault at 7ffc5118ef78
> ip 00007fd07913c98a sp 00007ffc5118ef70 error 6 in
> libpcre.so.1.2.0[7fd079129000+60000]

libpcre is of version 8.32

Unfortunately we do not have access to the message source. But it's
always the same message that triggers the segfault. Every re-send try
from sending server ends in that error.
We highly assume that one of our pcre rules could be the culprit, but
it's hard to find out which one it is. Postfix never complains about a
broken pattern or something like that in logs. Also testing with postmap
-vv -q works without any error/warning for all our pcre maps. There is
no suspicious logging prior to cleanup "crash".

Is there a way to narrow down which pcre rule may is problematic, given
the fact that we do not have access to message source?

--
Thanks and have a good one

tobi