Am Dienstag, den 19.05.2020, 05:06 -0400 schrieb Viktor Dukhovni:
> We have no choice, we can't ship code that silently fails to honour
> its
> configuration.  I'm not worried about DANE "working", I'm worried
> about
> DANE *not* working, and the user being none-the-wiser.

Just my 50cents to make clear, that out of this not only a technical
issue stuck:

As the one that triggered the whole thing, I can only agree with the
above. I had no chance to see in regular service of postfix why DANE
was not working. The logs would not even be suspicious, as you would
just guess that no DANE was configured on the partner site.

Only the explicit test with a wrongly configured domain - and knowing
what should happen - triggered me. But again analysing this needed
capturing of the DNS traffic. Nothing regular you do.

=> As an end user I can only say muslc needs to be very transparent on
what features it supports and what not. And should pop the question on
missing parts with developers and package maintainers (e.g. build time,
dev testing), that actually understand what is happening. This should
not be something handled by an end user.

@Rich: Seeing the stubs in the muslc code was probably the worst for me
in terms of reducing confidence in muslc, hence reverted all my
services back to glibc