What I noticed is that this invalid mailbox:

    Sender: A <1...@splintermail.com

Is being sent to my milter as:

    "A <1"@splintermail.com

The first form was invalid, but the second form is valid, which seems
like undesired behavior.  Even if you were going to guess at the correct
address from the first form, the second form is a pretty poor guess.

Is there a way to disable this rewriting, or to better detect invalid
addresses so as to not rewrite them as valid addresses?

Ryan