hi all

I am trying to use postfix to fetch data from an external MySQL server in an
AWS environment. However it uses encryption I have already made several
attempts to use TLSv1 / 2 without success changing the file
"/etc/ssl/openssl.conf".

I followed this post but it didn't work for me.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61568215/openssl-v1-1-1-ubuntu-20-tlsv1-no-protocols-available

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1233186/ubuntu-20-04-how-to-set-lower-ssl-security-level

which guides you to create the changes in the /etc/ssl/openssl.conf file

You don't have your config changes quite right. You need to add this to the
beginning of your config file:

---------openssl.conf-------------
openssl_conf = default_conf---------------------------------------

And then this to the end:

-----------openssl.conf---------------

[ default_conf ]

ssl_conf = ssl_sect

[ssl_sect]

system_default = system_default_sect

[system_default_sect]
MinProtocol = TLSv1
CipherString = DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=1
---------------------------------------

- attempt using ssl

Then I created the mysql-virtual-mailbox-domain.cf file with the following
content

------------mysql-virtual-mailbox-domain.cf-------------------------user =
postfix
password = xxxxx
dbname = email
hosts = 192.168.11.11
query = SELECT dominio AS "virtual" FROM dominios WHERE dominio='%s'
tls_CAfile
=/etc/postfix/rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But unsuccessfully, I did this procedure changing the MinProtocol variable for
the TLSv1, TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 protocols, but without success
The log message
-------mail.log-------DecĀ  8 13:36:45 server postfix/trivial-rewrite[1880]:
warning: connect to mysql server 192.168.11.11: SSL connection error:
SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths failed
-------------------------

checked the read permission of the certificate file.

"root@server:~# namei -lv /etc/postfix/rds-combined-ca-bundle.pemf:
/etc/postfix/rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem
drwxr-xr-x root root /
drwxr-xr-x root root etc
drwxr-xr-x root root postfix
-rw-r--r-- root root rds-combined-ca-bundle.pem
root@server:~#"

- attempt without using ssl

I've been reading the postfix documentation
http://www.postfix.org/MYSQL_README.html and created the .my.cnf file inside
the postfix home (/var/spool/postfix) with the following content

----------/var/spool/postfix/.my.cnf------------------
[client]
ssl_mode=DISABLED

Then I created the mysql-virtual-mailbox-domain.cf file with the following
content

------------mysql-virtual-mailbox-domain.cf-------------------------user =
postfix
password = xxxxx
dbname = email
hosts = 192.168.11.11
query = SELECT dominio AS "virtual" FROM dominios WHERE dominio='%s'
option_file = /var/spool/postfix/.my.cnf
option_group =
client-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it didn't work
The log message

---------------mail.log-----------------DecĀ  8 13:47:50 server
postfix/trivial-rewrite[3395]: warning: connect to mysql server 192.168.11.11:
SSL connection error: error:1425F102:SSL
routines:ssl_choose_client_version:unsupported protocol

I logging in as a postfix user the .my.cnf file works.
root@server:~# su - postfix -s /bin/bashpostfix@server:~$ mysql -smysql>

I also tried to leave the /etc/ssl/openssl.conf file
------------openssl.conf---------------------------openssl_conf = default_conf

[ default_conf ]

ssl_conf = ssl_sect

[ssl_sect]

system_default = system_default_sect

[system_default_sect]
#MinProtocol = TLSv1.2
#CipherString = DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=1

 Leaving no options, but without success. Is there any way to make postfix
disable ssl or even use the certificate provided by aws the ca file.
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonRDS/latest/UserGuide/UsingWithRDS.SSL.html

Versions:
Ubuntu: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Postfix: 3.4.13