On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 02:33:37AM -0700, @lbutlr wrote:
> On 08 Dec 2020, at 13:04, Chris Green <ch...@isbd.co.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> I would configure root to be an alias to root+machineID.
> >>
> > So how do I do that?
>
> Edit the .../postfix/aliases file and then run postalias on the file.

Ah, no, it never gets that far, I have:-

    luser_relay = m...@mydomain.co.uk
    local_recipient_maps =

There are no local recipients, that's the whole point.  These messages
will always be errors/warnings from daemons or cron processes on
(mostly) headless systems that I want to see so I'm sending them off
to myself.

--
Chris Green