On 26/01/2021 07:13, David Bürgin wrote:
I’ve recently begun using the ‘hold’ queue, because of a milter that I
use. A milter may ‘quarantine’ a message, which causes the message to be
placed in the ‘hold’ queue (eg OpenDMARC does this when the DMARC policy
requests quarantine).

But how does one manage that queue? I know that
postqueue/postsuper/postcat exist, but it seems like a lot of work to
periodically (daily, weekly?) inspect each message in that queue and
deal with them one by one? Do people actually use quarantine/on-hold,
and if so how do you manage your queue?

This is my approach with openDMARC. Of course the resulting local mail store (mbox file in my case) still has to be checked and managed.

# grep -E "^(RejectFailures|AuthservID) " /etc/opendmarc.conf
RejectFailures false
AuthservID  streamingbats.co.uk

# postconf milter_header_checks
milter_header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/milter_header_checks.pcre

# cat /etc/postfix/milter_header_checks.pcre