On 2/3/2021 3:49 AM, Linkcheck wrote:
I'm normally careful about this matter but it has happened twice in a couple of months now due, I admit, to my own carelessness but dumping a lot of mail before the error was noticed.

The specific problem is with extra or multiple OR bars in pcre checks. For example:

/trap this|/
/|trap this/
/trap||this/

Is there a Lint tool that can check for this or be adapted easily? Or perhaps a different method?

My current version of Postfix is: 3.1.0.

If the expression is invalid, postfix will temp fail mail so the sender can try again. There is no protection against poorly written expressions or typos that happen to result in a valid expression.

  -- Noel Jones