On 22/02/2021 08:19, Dominic Raferd wrote:
I used to run postfix chrooted but no longer do so.

|find /var/spool/postfix -type f -ls|

shows a list of files in /var/spool/postfix/pid/ with names inet.* and unix.*, all very old and zero-length. Is this a hangover from running postfix chrooted? Can I remove them all?

It also shows a few files in /var/spool/postfix/defer, some a few days old others much older. |postqueue -p| reports 'Mail queue is empty'. Question ditto.
I should have said there is also a non-zero and newish file |/var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid| which I presume should stay.