If we were to change the nomenclature to something like "disallowed" and "allowed", should we not consider the class of disallowed out there to be inherently persecuted?  Are we looking at choosing variable names with no corresponding representation in the dictionary (just in case)?  var lkjsfal = "Hello, Hell.";

Variable naming is a wide ranging philosophical issue ..

I for one am very glad we're fixing racism (actually, we may have fixed it already).

On 2/24/21 3:18 PM, j...@nunyuh.net wrote:
I've purposefully held off on responding to any of this but if the devs\list-owners are fine with the community converting this into a forum about race + software & computer terms, albeit temporarily, then fine - let's "damn the torpedos & full steam ahead" this baby and get to work...

We all ready?

On 2021-02-24 16:57, Emmett Culley wrote:
On 2/24/21 12:40 PM, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
On Wed, 24 Feb 2021, Wietse Venema wrote:

Postfix version 3.6 deprecates terminology that implies white is
better than black. Instead, Postfix prefers 'allowlist', 'denylist',
and variations on those words.

We had a late start, but it seems Newspeak will be established until 2050 as originally intended by ministery of truth.

Doubleplusgood!

Ciao
What it the problem people seem to have with honest attempts to
address systemic racism in the world and the US especially.  We can
expect NOTHING to change if we take a "I couldn't be bothered"
attitude.

I can only assume that if you are complaining about someone else's
attempt to begin taking action, then you are a racist.  If not, then I
apologize.  But only if you are not.

Yes, it took some effort to make these recent changes, and All I can
say is thank you for doing that!

Emmett