FWIW, I had very similar issues and implemented fail2ban with very tight parameters to essentially block offensive probing hosts. I went from something around 75k probes per month down to less than 50.

Also, out of respect for our counterparts on this PF dedicated mailer, feel free to ping me directly to discuss F2B.

- Tony -

- - -