On 2021-05-15 12:08 a.m., Benny Pedersen wrote:
On 2021-05-15 04:30, J Doe wrote:

    1.  Why was the magic value of "ORIGINATING" used in the Digital
Ocean example ?
    2.  Can I allow the default value of: milter_macro_daemon_name to
be used _WITHOUT_ affecting OpenDKIM and ClamAV ?

in opendkim.conf use this in MTA

MTA=ORIGINATING

then opendkim will only dkim sign on originating mails, not incomming in port 25

hopefully guides at DO is not say all mta must use submission for outgoing mails, i see the problem here, mta must only use port 25 for all outbound mails, any guide that says otherwize is badly writed

clamav milter supports SASL auth

do not use it in clamav milter if its not used for developing new virus signatures

note i do not use milters anymore, fuglu is better atleast for me :=)

Hi Benny,

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't changed the OpenDKIM configuration script to have: MTA=ORIGINATING and my mail flows still seem to work:

1. Clients submitting e-mail via submission have their e-mail DKIM signed.
2. Mail from the world has SPF, DKIM and DMARC validated.

The Digital Ocean tutorial does not say that e-mail has to be submitted only via submission, but all my clients submit it this way with SASL AUTH. I do not have SASL AUTH on my port 25 e-mail.

Thanks,

- J