On 2021-08-10 16:07:48, Mono DHS wrote:

> And the right to reject non-SMTP input follows from operating an
> SMTP MTA on the well-known TCP port 25, while at the same time holding
> up the fundamental principle upon which the success of the Internet is
> based, namely of being liberal in what one accepts and conservative in
> what one sends.

Luckily, you get to decide precisely how liberal
(or not) you want postfix to be in what it accepts, by
overriding the default smtpd_hard_error_limit setting.

If you want postfix to reject a connection immediately
after the first SMTP protocol error it encounters,
without the need to construct in advance a list of all
possible errors, just set smtpd_hard_error_limit = 0.

  http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_hard_error_limit
  (Immediately underneath smtpd_forbidden_commands)

Note: I'm not recommending this. I expect that the existing default
has been arrived at after much observation and careful thought.
But the option to do this is there if that's what you want.

cheers,
raf :)