On 2021-09-17 5:48 p.m., Ian Evans wrote:
Just curious if anyone on the list has ever had issues with their postfix server communicating with bell.net <http://bell.net> or their related sympatico.ca <http://sympatico.ca> email addresses?

I've been trying to send to a few but keep getting "421 Connection limit reached" followed by an eventual failure days later. I've seen people post about this issue on discussion boards, but no clear idea of the fix or issue.

Thanks for any insight.

Hi Ian,

I've encountered this with a low-volume e-mail server that additionally only delivers to two Sympatico addresses roughly once a week.

The delay interval that is applied appears to be variable - I've seen times ranging from minutes to roughly 8 hours.

As best I can tell this is a reputation issue, wherein my server is not generating enough traffic for Sympatico to judge it non-spam.

- J