On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 09:28:59AM +1000, raf wrote:

> > Thanks. This is the result of lazy coding in a nasty language.
> > I should stop hidden static buffers, or switch to a language
> > has automatic destructors like C++ or Go.
> >
> >     Wietse
>
> or Rust! :-)

We all have our favourite much safer than C compiled languages.  Rust is
not a bad choice for avoiding mutable shared data, my choice in that
space these days is Haskell.  Pity Wietse and I are unlikely to find a
better that C we're both presently comfortable in.

Migration away from C is not an urgent problem in Postfix, as you
probably know.  Thanks to Wietse's diligence, C footguns are exceedingly
rare in Postfix.  This one creates no notable issues, just returns an
incorrect answer from some "postconf -xd" recursive expansions.

--
    Viktor.