> On 24 Sep 2021, at 12:57 pm, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
>
>> It is perhaps time to drop support for some of the Postfix <= 2.2
>> TLS parameters.  Which can simplify the pile of booleans to just
>> a single security level and then perhaps simply:
>>
>>    tlsproxy_client_enable =
>>        ${smtp_tls_policy_maps ? {yes} :
>>            ${{$smtp_tls_security_level} != {none} ? {yes} : {no} } }
>>

> That might work if {none} is specified as {}.

What I was tried to allude to is that given all the obsolete legacy
TLS parameters: smtp_use_tls, smtp_enforce_tls, smtp_enforce_peername.
Writing the default value of the proposed single boolean becomes rather
a mess, and so we end up doing it in the C code.

If/when we get around dropping support for the legacy parameters, something
along the lines of that boolean parameter becomes more realistic.

--
        Viktor.