Hi there,

We're testing a custom filter for PHP using spawn services.

During our tests, we noticed that every time that we invoke the
check_policy_service through docker container it takes about 1 second to
run the filter script.

I first thought it was the local spawn that would be taking too long, but
after changing the policy_service to external source, the time was about
the same.

This are some samples of mail tests running with and without
check_policy_service:

Test without check_policy_service:
08/11/2021 11:30:48 - Message 232 sent to t...@mydomain.com in 11 ms.
08/11/2021 11:30:48 - Message 233 sent to t...@mydomain.com in 11 ms.
08/11/2021 11:30:48 - Message 234 sent to t...@mydomain.com in 9 ms.

Test with check_policy_service:
08/11/2021 11:31:13 - Message 1 sent to t...@mydomain.com in 107 ms.
08/11/2021 11:31:14 - Message 2 sent to t...@mydomain.com in 1060 ms.
08/11/2021 11:31:15 - Message 3 sent to t...@mydomain.com in 1061 ms.
08/11/2021 11:31:16 - Message 4 sent to t...@mydomain.com in 1062 ms.

For testing purposes, the policy_service script just returns "PERMIT" so it
won't have any heavy processing.

I have this filter running on Gentoo linux and it runs in 0.01ms... I guess
this is happening only with ubuntu distros (container and vm).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

BR,