I installed postgrey on a mail server host running Fedora, but for some reason Postfix doesn't seem to want to talk to it.

It's running and has the listening socket open:

[root@isolar postfix]# ps -eq $(pgrep postgrey)
    PID TTY          TIME CMD
2228175 ?        00:00:00 postgrey --unix

[root@isolar postfix]# lsof -p $(pgrep postgrey) | egrep COMM\|socket
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME postgrey 2228175 postgrey 5u unix 0x00000000b55afc9c 0t0 37917204 /var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket type=STREAM

I have the following two "smtpd_recipient_restrictions" lines in "/etc/postfix/master.cf" and I had added "check_policy_service unix:postgrey/socket" to them both:

[root@isolar postfix]# grep postgrey master.cf
-o { smtpd_recipient_restrictions= permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,check_policy_service unix:postgrey/socket,reject_rhsbl_helo dbl.spamhaus.org,reject_rhsbl_reverse_client dbl.spamhaus.org,reject_rhsbl_sender dbl.spamhaus.org,reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,reject } -o { smtpd_recipient_restrictions= permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,check_policy_service unix:postgrey/socket,reject_rhsbl_helo dbl.spamhaus.org,reject_rhsbl_reverse_client dbl.spamhaus.org,reject_rhsbl_sender dbl.spamhaus.org,reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,reject }

But when a new e-mail comes in (that isn't sent from a whitelisted domain), an strace shows that the postgrey server doesn't even twitch, and an strace on the Postfix listener doesn't show any attempt to connect to that postgrey socket.

I'm obviously doing something dumb/wrong, but what is it?

TIA,

                - Greg