natan:
> Wietse:
> Thanks for repley, but in docu mysql_table manpage
>
> hosts = 10.10.10.1, 10.10.10.2
>
> is not simle HA but "roundrobin" style

It is not round-robin.

>From the mysql_table manpage:

    The hosts are tried in random order, with all connections over UNIX
    domain sockets being tried before those over TCP. The connections
    are automatically closed after being idle for about 1 minute, and
    are re-opened as necessary. Postfix versions 2.0 and earlier do not
    randomize the host order.

The code is in function dict_mysql_find_host(). It uses random
selection, and avoids a server that was unavailable recently.

This strategy is stateful (it avoids talking to a server that was
unavailable recently), a strategy that works when a Postfix process
makes multiple queries during its lifetime. So this is another
reason to use proxy:mysql: instead of mysql:.

        Wietse