Hi folks,

I moved from Postfix 3.1.15 to 3.5.6... It was mandatory to upgrade it in
order to remove any legacy version (OS and Postfix) !

Before that everything was perfect : respecting the limit of connections
for a specific route per IP with connection reuse without TLS ! Since
moving from 3.1.15 to 3.5.6, we are receiving a lot of ‘too many
connections’ deferred : 421 mwinf5c42 ME Trop de connexions, veuillez
verifier votre configuration. Too many connections, slow down. OFR004_104
[104]

Here is my transport map :

#ORANGE orange.fr orange:csp-audit.com orange:franceadhesif.fr
orange:rgr-avocats.com orange:fermedevilliers.fr orange:abex-ec.fr
orange:pyrcarto.fr orange:agencecharles.fr orange:emballagedigest.eu
orange:da-conseil.com orange:somaris.com orange:auto3000sa.fr
orange:batee.fr orange:dynamelec.fr orange:a4architectes.com
orange:transports-fronton.fr orange:fruitaliance.com
orange:exp-automoto.com orange:aaformation.com orange:aer-sa.fr
orange:atalentec.com orange:bst.fr orange:cabinetec.fr
orange:cabinetsecom.com orange:dhalluin-peny.fr orange:gescomm-fr.com
orange:gsf-am.com orange:kalyseo.fr orange:mattholding.fr
orange:mktool.com orange:quilico-archi.com orange:tea-cefi.com
orange:tramobus.com orange:
#WANADOOwanadoo.fr wanadoo:

Here is part of my main.cf :

smtp_tls_connection_reuse = yes
smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 100s
smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 1s

# Orange policy
orange_initial_destination_concurrency =1
orange_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
orange_destination_rate_delay = 0
orange_destination_recipient_limit = 10

# Wanadoo policy
wanadoo_initial_destination_concurrency = 1
wanadoo_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
wanadoo_destination_rate_delay = 0
wanadoo_destination_recipient_limit = 10

Here is part of my master.cf :

# ==========================================================================
# service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
#               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
# ==========================================================================
orange      unix  -       -       y       -       2       smtp
wanadoo      unix  -       -       y       -       1       smtp

*As you can notice maxproc = 2 for orange route, but as you know (I won’t
learn you anything) Orange + Wanadoo is a 3 connection limit (recommended 2
for Orange and 1 for Wanadoo).*

I’ve asked the MBP and he confirmed that we have more than 3 connexions at
the exact same time... Does anyone know if Postfix changed the way it is
managing connections (something like moving from connection limit to active
connection limit ? that could be an explanation ==> active + idles > 3) ?
For information, adding TLS or not, does not change this issue...

Does anyone have any advice to tune my conf in order to avoid such issues ?
If you need more elements, feel free to ask !

Regards,

--
Yves-Marie LE PORS-CHAUVEL
Email Product Manager