Are there any issue with using multiple names for the same mail server?

For example, I use mail.exampl.net as the FQDN for the mail sever, but if I
have a hosted domain at example.com can I have its MX set to mail.example.com
and point to the same IP without issue, or do I need to do something in postfix
to account for this?

In short, does postfix need to know the name the client used to connect to the
server?

(I already have the domains configured in virtual and in virtual_sql.pcre and
in the database, this is just wondering about the domain name for the MX record
and if postfix cares.

--
Why is it so damn hot in here, and why are we all in a handbasket?