/> The implemenation is order-dependent./

On 12.03.22 11:56, Wietse Venema wrote:
It does store the configuration in reverse order. However upon
closer reading of code that I haven't touched in 10+ years...

You are correct in that it applies all patterns that match. The
implementation simply assumes that patterns don't overlap.

I think that a reasonable solution is to use only the first match
in postscreen_dnsbl_sites. That code was not designed to handle
overlapping patterns, and I see no value in trying to make it do
such things.

FYI knowing this I configured it like this:

list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].[0..255]*-1
list.dnswl.org=127.0.[0..255].3*-1

so for *.3 responses (high) I expect -2 points this way.

I can change it if needed, although it won't be so nice this way

How does cat play with mouse? cat /dev/mouse