On 14.04.22 08:26, Emmett Culley wrote:
I recently changed the host name of one of the servers from one domain I am hosting to another of the domains the server is serving.

Upon verifying the server I noticed that the Received: headers on email sent via that server now have the new host name

This is completely irelevant to mail processing, unless the new mail server's name does not exist in DNS, or has a SPF record that disqualifies the server from announcing itself.

and so causes Thunderbird to show the from address in red for emails from domains that are different from the server's hostname.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you provide a screenshot somehow?

Is there anything I can do to specify that the Recieved: headers have the "correct" domain name depending on what domain is sending an email (From:)?

you do not need this. your problem apparently
I have DKIM working in such a manner. When an email is sent for domain.one (From: domain.one) the dkim signature contains the signature for domain.one and if sent for domain.two (From: domain.two) it contains the dkim signature for domain.two. No matter what the server's hostname is set to.

I guess I am asking if there is any way to map the sending domain written to the header (From.: domain.tld) to the domain the email was sent as? Similar to how opendkim does when choosing the DKINM signature to add to the outgoing email's header.

the domain in From: should be the one you or other senders have configured in thunderbird or other mail clients, and is not related to the mail server's name.