Le 26/08/2022 à 15:52, post...@ptld.com a écrit :
Check RFC5322, section 2.2.1 "Unstructured Header Field Bodies".
  Semantically, unstructured field bodies are simply to be treated as a
  single line of characters with no further processing (except for
  "folding" and "unfolding" as described in section 2.2.3).

where 2.2.3 ("Long Header Fields") explains the "folding", e.g.

Subject: This is a test

can be represented as:

Subject: This
 is a test

After "This" you have a (quoted) space, not a CR/LF.

In RFC5322 2.2.3 it says;
The process of moving from this folded multiple-line representation
of a header field to its single line representation is called
"unfolding".  Unfolding is accomplished by simply removing any CRLF
that is immediately followed by WSP.  Each header field should be
treated in its unfolded form for further syntactic and semantic
evaluation.  An unfolded header field has no length restriction and
therefore may be indeterminately long.

When the subject was split (folded) they did it correctly, after the CRLF the next line started with a WSP. So according to 2.2.3 the "unfolding" is accomplished by simply removing the CRLF turning

    Subject: =?UTF-8?B?8J+YsSBTSE9QIE5PVzogR2V0IDAlIElOVEVSRVNUIERlYWxzIHBs?=
=?UTF-8?B?dXMgZXhjbHVzaXZlIHZvdWNoZXJzIHdpdGggU1BheUxhdGVyISDwn5GJ?=

into

    Subject: =?UTF-8?B?8J+YsSBTSE9QIE5PVzogR2V0IDAlIElOVEVSRVNUIERlYWxzIHBs?= =?UTF-8?B?dXMgZXhjbHVzaXZlIHZvdWNoZXJzIHdpdGggU1BheUxhdGVyISDwn5GJ?=

I still don't understand where the extra '?' came from, nor do I see in RFC5322 2.2.3 where it says anything about adding or replacing characters. I am also still confused by what Wietse said when he confirmed postfix does not add characters. Then where did the extra '?' come from in the postfix log? How is it not a bug?

After "This" you have a (quoted) space, not a CR/LF.

I'm not getting your point. Why do you keep talking about a "quoted space"? The first line ends with CRLF and the second line has to start with a space to indicate it is a continuation of the previous line (folding). Why are you saying that means an '?' has to be inserted?

What you're asking for is a folding variant of the INFO target.
As stated by Wietse, Posfix will not alter the content but will replace non printable character (CRLF in this case) with ? in logs.
So it will not do by defaut any folding for you.

Emmanuel.