thank you, everyone, much appreciate advice and testing!

I'll try to summarize how it went:

user is India complained he couldn't access geko.sbt.net.au mail server
as there was an issue with some 'links' at data centre reported few hours
earlier, I assumed it was related and didn't try to test

next day I had reported, from same TLD users:
- SPF rejects at gmail (original post here)
- silent loss of gmail sent to the user (saw similar report on the list)
- user in India still can't access mail server

noticed that user in India can not resolve geko.sbt.net.au BUT can ping IP
address name resolution not working ?? but, working everywhere else

as a workaround I've told user in India to create hosts entry for
geko.sbt.net.au - that worked

question - could the name resolution fail from India be at all related to
my name server timeouts/web central outages ?

could the name resolution fail from India be at all related to some
malware/virus hijacking of domain name resolution ? on users laptop ?

though, before entering/editing host name in hosts file, geko just
wouldn't resolve, but, could ping IP

On Sat, September 17, 2022 7:30 pm, raf wrote:

> So unless you added ip4:103.106.168.106 to the SPF
> record after the bounce, I can't see what's wrong.

Raf,

thanks, no, haven't edited SPF record lately

On Sat, September 17, 2022 7:54 pm, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> your domain is registered to ns1.netregistry.net. nameservers:
>
> Name Server: NS1.NETREGISTRY.NET

> however, NS records say otherwise:
>
> sbt.net.au.             3600    IN      NS      ns1.yourdnshost.net.

Matus,

I checked with registrar, was advised I should be using
NSx.PARTNERCONSOLE.NET, so shortly after I've edited the records as
advised

On Sun, September 18, 2022 1:26 pm, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

>> https://status.webcentral.au/

> DNS service at netregistry.net is gradually returning to normal.  The
> majority of locations (though not yet all) where queries were previously
> failing now appear to be working.

Viktor,

does this shows up on the https://status.webcentral.au/ somewhere, or how
do you assess that ? couldn't find such ?

thanks again to everyone, much appreciated

Voytek