On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 02:08:57AM +0000, Henry R wrote:

> But t-online.de keep blocking me. I have contacted them twice and got the
> same answer:
>
>    We only allow evidently commercial or similar operators to connect
>    to our mailservers. So, as a private user please use an SMTP relay
>    or e-mail gateway of your hoster or ISP, that you can use as part
>    of your contract with them. Their support will surely help you to
>    configure your system accordingly.
>
> That's so strange policy to permit only commercial company to send
> messages to them.  But there are many small companies/org who have
> their own mailservers, which can't send messages to t-online directly.

Most likely this is not their actual policy, but rather a way for some
underpaid level-1 tech support staffer to close your issue.

See https://postmaster.t-online.de/#t4 for what appear to be the actual
requirements.  They do appear to expect sending domains to have a
website, public contact addresses, ... but a requirement to be a
commercial operator isn't there, best I can tell.

You could try to escalate after politely pointing to the above page and
pointing out that it does not in fact prohibit suitably operated
personal mail servers.

--
    Viktor.