Dear postfix experts:

While setting up postfix in a docker container, I have been getting the error "fatal: unknown service: smtp/tcp" when attempting to send an email. I investigated the issue, and it seems it has something to do with setting up chroot inside of docker container

https://serverfault.com/questions/1052329/fatal-unknown-service-smtp-tcp-from-postfix-in-docker-using-start-fg

The easiest solution to this problem was to just disable chroot, which worked fine. I'm considering disabling chroot for all the postfix master services. Is this a bad move considering that postfix is running in a docker container? I would appreciate your insight into this.

Best regards,

Sam