Gino Ferguson:
> Hi List,
>

> I'm reading the doc and wondering why 'smtp_tls_connection_reuse'
> is not enabled by default?

Because it was unknown if doing so would cause problems (in Postfix,
or in other software). Only real-world deployment can tell such
things.

> Are there any possible drawbacks?

None have come up sofar. So maybe it is safe to make it the default.
We know it works well for small messages. but I'd like so see
performance metrics for large email messages, because many connections
are handled by a smaller number of single-threaded tlsproxy
processes.

> People from GMail suggested us to enable this feature.
>
> We're on postfix version 3.4.13-0ubuntu1.2

The implementation has not changed, which is a good sign.