Thank you. I will re-visit this next after the proxy problem is solved.

Btw, thank you very much for suggesting HAProxy's proxy protocol. I've succeeded in getting it partially to work (I'm not done yet, there's more to configure), and I can see external IP addresses in postfix and dovecot being recognized. I guess the primary issue is solved.

Best regards,
Sam