> On 15 Jan 2023, at 15:47, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
>
> "The name of the proxy protocol used by a before-postscreen proxy agent."

That still doesn't tell you what the effect is of entering a value for that
setting while the traffic is not coming from a proxy. Normally, when you enter
config data for something you do not use it is harmless. Basically, here, by
setting the name here, you are also turning it on. That is for me at least
intuitively a side-effect.

Basically, I am looking for a setup where I can have postfix work when part of
the traffic (from the internet) is coming via a proxy whereas local (LAN)
traffic isn't. Probably not an option, I guess, but it would make life a lot
easier in my current situation.