On Sun, 19 Feb 2023, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 10:35:43PM -0500, Doug Denault wrote:

With my setup no warning is deferred errors such as 'time out' or
'Connection refused' until the message is delete from the queue.

I added:

   delay_warning_time = 8h

to main.cf. This made no difference so I assume an additional setting is
required, but I could not find anything.

This setting only affects *new* messages.  Messages already in the queue
will not elicit the warning.  There's a queue-file record for that...

I'm sorry I was not clear. New messages do not get the warning.

This is a FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p7. postfix 3.6.2_1

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
d...@safeport.com