On 24.02.23 07:57, James Pifer wrote:
Hello. I know this topic has been discussed a lot. I'd like to convert all incoming email addresses are converted to lower case.

Why?
I'm afraid this may break things like DKIM signatures.

I found the following which Mr. Venema had posted.

   /etc/postfix/main.cf
   virtual_maps =
   regexp:/etc/postfix/virtual_regexp
   mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf

   /etc/postfix/virtual_regexp:
   /^(.*[A-Z].*)$/ $1

   It's a little disgusting, but I expect that it would work.

 That's easily fixed - throw a @ somewhere in there:

 /etc/postfix/virtual_regexp:

Two questions:
1. Is this still the best way to do this? The post I found is 20 years old. 2. I do not use any virtual maps currently and do not have a /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf . Will this still work for me?

This will only work for envelope recipient addresses, it won't overwrite header addresses not sender address.

Just recipients works for me. It's mostly for reporting. Right now I get daily postfix reports where it has multiple lines for the same user like:

j...@domain.com
j...@domain.com
j...@domain.com