Am 10.03.23 um 11:07 schrieb Jaroslaw Rafa via Postfix-users:
Dnia 10.03.2023 o godz. 18:18:50 Phil Biggs via Postfix-users pisze:
Likewise, To keep my mail client's threaded view sane I resorted to using
header_checks:

/^Subject: \[pfx\] (.*)$/ REPLACE Subject: $1
What a mail client has problem with threading because of a tag in the
subject?

Threading is supposed to work based on "Reference:" and/or "In-Reply-To:"
headers. Only in lack of those, it falls back to subject (my mail client
also specially marks such messages in the thread to signal this fact).

I have no problems with threading regardless any tag being present in the
subject, its position, or lack thereof.

For excruciating correctness, no. The relevant header is called
"References:" (-> RFC 5322), and it's not "and/or", but "and", and
clients are supposed to create both. I wish mailing list drivers
enforced this and rejected anything that has something like Re: AW:
Re^99: or thereabouts in the subjects and not both References: and
participation in lists.