On 2023-03-18 at 01:28:42 UTC-0400 (Sat, 18 Mar 2023 16:28:42 +1100)
Phil Biggs via Postfix-users <mb170...@pjb.cc>
is rumored to have said:

I have just finished building a new server for a friend and, after installing the postfix FreeBSD package and restoring his main.cf, I see no postscreen logs
at all.

I have updated his FreeBSD to 13.1-RELEASE-P6 and the postfix-sasl pkg
version installed is 3.7.4,1, which is the latest and the same as on my server.

His main.cf and mine are almost identical apart from the obvious domain changes but the postscreen logs are absent on his server. Nothing in any logs
to indicate problems.

Whether or not postscreen is enabled depends on configuration in master.cf. It's not enabled by default on FreeBSD, so he probably has a line like this at the top of master.cf:

smtp       inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

To enable postscreen, that should be replaced with:

smtp       inet  n       -       n       -       1       postscreen
smtpd      pass  -       -       n       -       -       smtpd

You can get a clean look at your master.cf settings with 'postconf -Mf'

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire