Dnia  6.04.2023 o godz. 16:57:51 Sean Gallagher via Postfix-users pisze:
> allows top-level domain names (without any dots) to be used.
[...]
> reject_invalid_helo_hostname seems to fit with modern standards but
> will reject IDNA2003
> domain names that were legal between 2003 and 2008. It will allow a
> top-level domain.

Instead of thinking in terms of "top-level domain", I would rather think in
terms of *bare hostname* (without domain) used in HELO/EHLO. It was quite
common some time ago, and probably still is in setups where MTAs on the same
local network talk to each other (for example, multiple local SMTP hosts
sending mail through an on-site relay server - common example in Postfix
documentation btw.).

reject_invalid_helo hostname does allow this, while
reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname doesn't. That was always the main difference
for me.

I just now learned about the UTF8 thing, I would never think of using
non-ASCII characters in host/domain names :)
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa