On 10.04.23 16:00, Fourhundred Thecat via Postfix-users wrote:
I am setting up opendkim on my postfix server:

what is the practical difference between using inet or UNIX domain
socket in /etc/opendkim.conf ?

UNIX domain socket must be in postfix chroot. That's why I use inet socket for openskim milter.

If I leave socket at the default settings:

 Socket  local:/var/run/opendkim/opendkim.sock

What do I need to put into /etc/postfix/main.cf instead of inet:localhost ?

 smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:8891

I am not using chroot for my postfix installation, so I assume I don't
need inet and can use UNIX domain socket ?

you still need to configure correct permissions for postfix to be able to connect to /var/run/opendkim/opendkim.sock milter socket.

"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler