I've said this in the past, certbot was badly coded, used too much memory and
lacked vision. But there are two great alternatives, written as bash scripts
(thats right.. bash scripts!)

https://github.com/acmesh-official/acme.sh
https://github.com/dehydrated-io/dehydrated

give them a try, they are very nicely coded, support plugins, various popular
cloud and DNS providers and support all the latest ACME protocol features. They
don't only work for Let's Encrypt, they support other free certificate
providers as well.

They work on all popular *BSD systems, Linux distros (Fedora, Ubunty, Alpine,
etc) and a bunch of embedded devices.